Koran Post Office
Information taken from a newspaper article donated by Sam & Evelyn Bennett
In 1891, a post office was established named Koran. It was located in a crossroad store ont he southwest corner of White Gravel - Dewey and Richard Roads.
Two of Madison Township's old timers, Marian Bennett and Ernest Hickman, stand at the site of the Koran Post Office.
Sylvester Keller, a Civil War Veteran, was Postmaster the entire life of the post office from February 24, 1891, until the mail went to Scioto Post Office on July 5, 1904.
William Thompson was appointed Postmaster of Koran on July 24, 1903, but this was recinded on October 28, 1903.