Myrtle Post Office
Information taken from a newspaper article donated by Sam & Evelyn Bennett
In 1884, a post office named Myrtle was established near the Jackson County line, on White Gravel Road near the intersection of Herman Road. The Postmaster for over twenty years was John Jenkins. He and his wife, Jane, ran the post office in their store from February 20, 1884 to July 5, 1904 when the mail was sent to Scioto Post Office.
John and Jane's daughter, Frances M., was a little girl when the post office was established. Could her middle name have been Myrtle?