Wallace Mills Post Office

Information taken from a newspaper article donated by Sam & Evelyn Bennett

In 1840, John White built a mill on Rocky Fork at the intersection of what is now Glades and Smith-White Roads.  Samual Wallace bought the mill in 1870 and it became known as Wallace Mills.  A post office was established here in 1897.

Joseph D. Stockham was Postmaster from June 12, 1879, until March 15, 1904, when it was discontinued and mail went to South Webster.